Henry Cyril Paget,
The Dancing Marquess 1875-1905
“Henry inherited Plas Newydd, the family seat, in 1898. He then converted the family chapel into an ornate, 150 seat theatre, which he named the Gaiety.
He performed there regularly with his theatre company and invited the local people from Anglesey to attend performances free of charge.
He also toured Europe with his company, and performed plays by Oscar Wilde – a bold move since Wilde had been jailed for ‘obscenity’.”
(Kilde: National Trust UK)
The BBC article: here
The Guardian article: here